The latest CNN poll on the Republican presidential race is simply astonishing. It shows Donald Trump with the support of 32% of the registered Republican voters and Republican-leaning independents sampled in the poll, and Ben Carson with 19%. Put together, they have the support of 51% of such voters sampled by CNN. Neither Trump nor Carson has ever held political office. By contrast, the ten current or former Republican office holders with measurable levels of support in the poll have a total of 36%. Although a lot can change before people actually start voting, this poll can only be read as a vote of no confidence in the Republican political establishment and the entire political class.
September 11, 2015June 15, 2022By Tom Piatak
Leave a Reply